Sound Legal Advice
Striving to provide the most efficient service and helping your organization.
JM Keevy Incorporated provide advice on various aspects of public sector employment as codified in the Public Service Act and its regulations as well as numerous directives issued by the Department of Public Service and Administration from time to time.
JM Keevy Incorporated help you to understand the impact of the new labour laws or the amendments to the labour laws on your organisation.
Best practice and procedures for employee relations.
Our objective is to proactively assist our clients in installing and maintaining best practice and procedures for employee relations.
Factors such as constantly striving towards delivering the most efficient service we can offer, developing personal and loyal relationships with clients, providing competent representation together with adopting a cost-awareness approach to legal expenses, have all contributed to our ever increasing success within the legal sphere.
Keevy can help you to comply with employment equity plans and labour law.
We can put employment policies and procedures in place, as in a disciplinary procedure, grievance process . We are able to provide you with a Disciplinary Code of Conduct for Employees.
JM Keevy Incorporated can help you to review your documents to ensure that they comply with (or are in line) with the new labour laws.
Keevy can provide you with a complete set of templates for the workplace.
Our Property Department are specialists in all aspects of commercial and residential property transactions.
Our clients range from property developers, to commercial and residential estate agents. Here is an example of some of the services we can provide:
Here are some handy tips to ensure a smooth Conveyancing process
WILLS & ESTATES
Administration of estates refers to management and settlement of affairs of an intestate.
Intestate is a person who dies without a legal will. Administration of estates is usually done under court supervision by appointing a person duly qualified and legally appointed.
When an individual dies and leaves a will, the will often designates a living person to act as administrator of the estate.
This individual is known as an executor or administrator in certain cases.
An executor or administrator's general function is to collect all of the assets in the estate and then see them distributed according to the deceased's wishes.
By appointing an expert, costly delays could be averted. Unnecessary delays are usually caused by inexperience or inefficiency of an administrator of an estate.
Our Estates Department can help you with:
The best criminal defense outcome can only be obtained if experienced council is appointed as soon as possible.
Successful resolution begins with an honest discussion about the criminal justice system and the consequences of conviction, followed by rigorous analysis of the law and evidence, and finally creative defense strategies and solutions.
If prosecution cannot be avoided, we will work with you to successfully defend your case in the courtroom.
Our practice areas include, but are not limited to, the following:
JM Keevy Incorporated's Services
- Conducting investigations with regards to workplace discipline.
- Formulating charges for disciplinary matters.
- Prosecuting and chairing at disciplinary hearings at the company.
- Drafting performance contracts for Senior Management Service Employees as required by the Public Service Senior Management Handbook.
- Providing advice on various aspects of public sector employment as codified in the Public Service Act and its regulations as well as numerous directives issued by the Department of Public Service and Administration from time to time.
- General advice on employment law.
- Help you to understand the impact if the new labour laws or the amendments to the labour laws on your organisation.
- We provide you with advice by applying our experience and knowledge to your specific circumstances.
- We make you aware of the new labour laws. We do this by conducting a workshop, or executive briefing on the new labour laws. We offer many other courses too.
- We can help you to review your documents to ensure that they comply with (or are in line) with the new labour laws.
- Provide you with an employment contract template.
- Put employment policies and procedures in place, such as a disciplinary procedure and grievance process.
- Provide you with a Disciplinary Code of Conduct for Employees.
- Provide you with a complete set of templates for the workplace.
- Help you comply with employment equity laws and practice fair labour practices.
- Negotiate and conclude collective agreements.
- Resolve disputes through mediation, fact-finding, advisory arbitration or arbitration.
- Strike management and support
Contact JM Keevy Incorporated
Martin Keevy LLB(UPE)
JM Keevy Incorporated Inc.
Reg no. 2013/138265/21
Tel: 012 661 0616 / 012 753 5566 (Centurion Office)
011 026 5370 (Roodepoort Office)
Mobile: 082 333 2089
Fax: 086 515 3224